Today we went hunting. It's the opening day of bow season in Montana and we went down to Cascade to go hunting. I immediately put a stalk on a small group of Mule Deer does, having got within bow range I discovered three Mule deer Bucks behind the group of does also a very nice Antelope buck they saw me and alerted my presence to the does and then the whole bunch took off leaving me looking dumb.
So then we drove around some more and we came across another group of does, I once again put an amazing stalk on them and got busted again!! Julie was watching this one from the truck and said that I was within 20 Yds of a nice doe but she must have been over the edge of the hill to where I couldn't see her. Long Story short, I got wet, tired, and hurt my knee so I went back to the truck to find Brenna sleeping and Julie and I started cruising the roads again to find more game. We Rounded a corner and I saw something black and furry digging in the ground, I thought it was a Porcupine at first but after I looked at it with my binos I discovered that it was a small Black Bear!! Out on the plains...that was really weird. but also very cool. Had I had a bear tag I could have easily shot him or her, it was very pre-occupied and I was in a good position to take it. I didnt have a tag however and we just enjoyed watching it until it lumbered off.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! What happened to blogging everyday?!? I miss it! And you guys! I want to hear Brenna stories! PLEEEEASEEEE!
Post a Comment